How do I pay with a contactless card?
Contactless cards and points of sale accepting them for contactless payments may be recognised by the following symbols:
If a point of sale bears no such symbol, you can use your contactless card as a regular card by swiping or inserting in POS device, using PIN authorisation.
Contactless payment is faster, safer and simpler:
• the card never leaves your hands - all it takes is holding it against the POS device to make payments,
• no PIN authorisation is required for purchases under 33,18 EUR / 250,00 HRK
while any purchase above that amount needs to be authorised by PIN,
• a single purchase is charged only once even if the card is placed against the POS device several times,
• there is no possibility of accidental payment because the card needs to physically touch the POS device,
• if the point of sale has contactless POS device available, you can use the card in the usual way.
For purchase under 33,18 EUR / 250,00 HRK, simply take out the card, place it against the POS device and your purchase is done. No PIN authorisation is required. After the transaction is completed, you will receive a receipt and, as well as payment slip.
PIN authorisation required for payments above 33,18 EUR / 250,00 HRK:
*the amount applies to payments within Croatia but other amounts may apply in other countries.