How do I pay with a contactless card?
Contactless cards and points of sale accepting them for contactless payments may be recognised by the following symbols:
If a point of sale bears no such symbol, you can use your contactless card as a regular card by swiping or inserting in POS device, using PIN authorisation.
Contactless payment is faster, safer and simpler:
• the card never leaves your hands - all it takes is holding it against the POS device to make payments,
• no PIN authorisation is required for purchases under HRK 250.00
while any purchase above that amount needs to be authorised by PIN,
• a single purchase is charged only once even if the card is placed against the POS device several times,
• there is no possibility of accidental payment because the card needs to physically touch the POS device,
• if the point of sale has contactless POS device available, you can use the card in the usual way.
For purchase under HRK 250.00, simply take out the card, place it against the POS device and your purchase is done. No PIN authorisation is required. After the transaction is completed, you will receive a receipt and, as well as payment slip.
PIN authorisation required for payments above HRK 250:
*the amount applies to payments within Croatia but other amounts may apply in other countries.