On 12 July 2022, the Council of the European Union formally approved the accession of Croatia to the euro area and adopted a decision determining a fixed conversion rate:
1 euro = 7,53450 kuna
Our teams are working diligently to make the transition to the euro smooth and easy for all of us. A lot to be done, but we will be ready.
RBA is a signatory to the Code of Ethics, which guarantees the highest ethical standards in the euro adoption process.
No later than the end of September this year, General Notice will be sent to all our clients. It will provide you with information on:
1. fixed conversion rate
2. general rules of recalculation and rounding of prices and other monetary expressions of value
3. general impact of the recalculation on client's contractual rights and obligations
4. general information on the period of dual price display and our obligations in this regard
The General Notice for users of investment and ancillary services is available for you here and you can also find it in the daily newspaper Jutarnji list of 21 September 2022. This notice will not be sent to your address by post.
The General Notice for users of investment and ancillary services contains important information on the introduction of the euro and on the impact of the process on investment and ancillary services.
Individual Notice to Clients
In keeping with statutory regulations, we will send also the Individual Notice to:
• Borrowers of loans in the kuna or euro or with currency clause in the euro
• Holders of deposits in the kuna or with currency clause in the euro
• Business entities who are borrowers of loans in the kuna or with currency clause in the euro and holders of term deposits in the kuna or with currency clause in the euro
• Users of investment and ancillary services (brokerage and custodian services)
The Individual Notice will include information on:
- interest rate
- stock data on securities
- all potential changes that can arise due to changeover to the euro.
Private individuals will receive the Individual Notice no later than two weeks before the introduction of the euro.
Business customers will receive the Individual Notice no later than two weeks after the changeover to the euro.
Users of investment and ancillary services will receive the Individual Notice no later than 30 days from the day of the introduction of the euro.
Questions and answers
If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us. We are here for you and will try to answer all of them as soon as we can.
You can reach us at email@example.com, by calling 072 62 62 62, at our 62 branches across Croatia, via direct message on social networks or by postal service at Magazinska cesta 69, Zagreb.
Also, the Croatian National Bank launched their euro-related website, www.euro.hr. There you can find details and news about the introduction of the euro.